Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Jvc model HD55G456 has 1 HDMI plug which got pulled by

Customer Question

My Jvc model HD55G456 has 1 HDMI plug which got pulled by the hdmi cord getting pulled and pinched. Now it only works if I pull the cord so the plug in on the tv is pulled as well. Can the hdmi plug in slot be replaced?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Are you wanting to attempt this yourself or asking for estimate for repair shop to do it?

2. What are you connecting into the tv with that hdmi cable? is it a cable box or satellite box or?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both to fix myself or a shop. I'm connecting my DISH hopper
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My son would actually fix it he is an Electronically engineer
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

The only option is to replace the board inside the tv which is $356. So here are your options:

- If the Dish Hopper has Component Video output jacks, use them. The picture quality will still be HD. Or buy an hdmi to Component converter box. CLICK HERE FOR CONVERTER BOX

- Buy the Digital Board and take the whole tv apart to install the board that is in the tv: CLICK HERE FOR DIGITAL BOARD

- Hire a repair shop and expect to pay full price for the part and another $250 for labor.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,