Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samaung UA55C7000ws. I cannot change channels. If I

Customer Question

I have a Samaung UA55C7000ws. I cannot change channels. If I try the screen turns off. it will turn it's self back on again. I can then change channels if I do it with 5 seconds.
I also have to turn all the power off as the screen will just keep turning itself back on again
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Shahid
The screen is about four years old.
I has a DVD player plugged in but unplugging that does not alter the problem.
I've had the problem for about three months
It is only the turner that is the problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried to restore default settings in TV and run initial setup to see if it helps?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tried that
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it seems tuner mounted on main board of TV has got internal failure and causing this problem. Either replace main board of TV or get set top box that would have builtin tuner (also known as external tuner box) and hook it to TV, plug the antenna/ aerial into box, run channel scan to keep watching channels on TV through external tuner box. This way you wont need to take the TV in repair shop for main board replacement.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.