hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

Ever since exfinity changed my wireless router my smart tv

Customer Question

Ever since exfinity changed my wireless router my smart tv cannot connect to the Internet..
It's been months now. Please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to run network setup in TV menu to establish fresh connection to router?

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, do you get any error message on TV screen when run internet application in TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Connects to wireless network but not the Internet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But below that it says cannot connect to network
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, is there any other device such as laptop or smart phone etc sharing same router and working fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All work just fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, lets try to restore TV to default settings to get initial setup screen as TV is just out of box and hopefully it will help to resolve the problem when you go through initial setup screen..

Press Menu > Support > Self Diagnostic > Reset > OK

Pin code window will pop up, put 0000 if pin code has not been changed or use set code to complete the reset process to get first time setup screen where TV will ask network setup as well.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work. Connects to wireless bit not the Internet
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please try to reset Smart Hub as well.

Press Menu > Smart Hub > Smart Hub Reset > OK.

Also, unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check, Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it didn't work. And now I can't get any channels. Auto program says 0 channels are memorized.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Is the TV hooked to cable box for channels? If so then select correct HDMI input on TV by pressing Source button to get cable box channels.

Did you finish Network Setup in first time setup process and does the TV still show same error message?

Have you tried unplug - replug TV power cord as requested in previous reply?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Directv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please reply all the questions I asked as this is the only way I can get info requested.

Press Source button on TV remote and select correct HDMI input to get Directv box video signals/ picture and sound on TV.

Also reply to following 2 info-requests..

- Did you finish Network Setup in first time setup process and does the TV still show same error message?

- Have you tried unplug - replug TV power cord as requested in previous reply?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea. Now trying to reset again
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whew got TV back on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still will not connect to Internet.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, do you still get same error on TV for internet connectivity?

If so, I would suggest to unplug - replug router power to reboot it and again check as there is no other obvious reason for no connection.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, let me repost this question to other experts on website to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.

I'm opting out now as I'm running out of ideas what it could be causing the problem, please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.

Thanks.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

I have a few solutions you can try:

1) Try changing DNS to 208.67.222.222
​2) Do a software update from the support menu button (choose download rather than USB reset TV first)

If this doesn't work can you connect using a computer cable rather than Wifi please?