Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The sound went out on my Vizio 32" TV. The picture is great.

Customer Question

The sound went out on my Vizio 32" TV. The picture is great. Comcast Tech reviewed the problem and felt that it was in the TV and not their cable box or settings. Any thing I should try? For two weeks prior to no sound, the sound would periodically turn off for an hour or two and the next day would be OK for awhile until the next failure.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

I am not sure if you spoke with the tech on the phone if you did then frequently they give wrong advise so please do that and let me know

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The comcast Technician was on site and tried all or your suggestions. I am at the office now and cannot try again. I have my spare Samsung 19" TV hooked up and it works perfectly.

OK it may be bad software what you need to do is get the model number of the TV and go to the Vizio site to look for any software that may be available for the set under support for that model if none available I do suggest you try another input like a DVD just to verify it is the TV (sound should go off with that too if its the TV) if that checks out then consideration will be made for replacing the mainboard within the set however you do need to consider cost (board may be $100) as smaller sets can be picked up cheaply now.

Let me know if you need more info thank you

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

If you decide to replace the mainboard please let me know I will help you with that

Anthony