Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

MY CAPTIONS ITEMS IN THE SETTINGS MENU ARE NOT AVAILABLE.

Customer Question

MY CAPTIONS ITEMS IN THE SETTINGS MENU ARE NOT AVAILABLE. hOW DO i GET TO THEM. tHE CAPTIONS ARE NOT SHOWING ON MY TV. THEY WERE YESTERDAY AND STILL SHOW ON ANOTHER TV IN THE HOUSE. ALL TVS ARE ON A LAN FED BY CABLE TV MODEM. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE "SETTINGS" OPTIONS SEVERAL TIMES TO TRY AND OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE CAPTIONSOPIONS. nOT BEING ABLE TO ACCESS THESE OPTIONS IS WHY I THINK THIS TV ISN'T SHOWING CAPTIONS.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the closed captions

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony