Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsu.series 5 model.ln46a68op6d

Customer Question

samsu.series 5 model.ln46a68op6d
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand this indicates that the Mainboard is locked up- meaning it's providing random turn off and on commands. In most cases this requires replacement of the mainboard to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. This drains residual current from the set and can effectively reset the processor. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times.

If that fails to work, then the mainboard needs to be replaced- which is on average a $250 repair at a shop (located at the following link). However given this cost and what a new 46" LED TV would cost- which is close to the same price, it may not make sense to put that kind of money into this set.

http://tvrepaircanada.com/

Or if you're a DIY type (Do It Yourself) then you can replace this board yourself. In this case, double check your model number (it is one or two digits off), and postback. Then I can dig deeper to try to find your Mainboard.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.