Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

After about 2 hours of watching tv the picture becomes fuzzy

Customer Question

after about 2 hours of watching tv the picture becomes fuzzy and soon after the sound falls apart. Over night or after 3-4 hours the screen and sound "recover".
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Are you comfortable with removing the screws on the back of your Tv? If so you'll save yourself about $100 to $150 repairing it yourself. Most modes only use a 24 volt supply so it's not dangerous as long as you unplug it. Leave me a response, I'll give you the information you need tomorrow morn. look on the back for your TV's model and version number on the sticker

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not really comfortable removing screws, but willing to try.
the model # ***** ***** or UN40EH5300FXZA
i found only one screw in the area under the panel with all connection outlets
What do I do or look for and what tools do I need when the screw is removed?
Thanks, Beatrice
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Well, all you need is a #2 (medium) Philips head screwdriver or power screwdriver to get the back off, and the main board you need to replace. There are several plugs that need to be unlocked from the board, and your hands are better at that than my hands - I can't feel anything through the callouses I have, but I manage those connectors ok.

You can do this.

Here's a couple pictures of how to remove the back cover of your TV set. I have more pictures of how to remove the main board. You should do this when you order/receive your main board, but I wanted to show you the procedure 1st - see if you can do the work confidently.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, before I am going to take the tv apart, where do I get the new main board. Are there different sizes, how does it look like, can I buy it at a store or do I have to order it?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

There are different main boards, depending on when it was manufactured. There is a bar-code sticker on all boards with the correct part number on it. That's the best way to find the correct part. All Samsung part numbers start with the letters BN, followed by 6 or 7 numbers, and ending with a letter. Here's a picture of one of the main boards in your TV set, along with a close up of that bar code.

Once we get that part number, we can google it for suppliers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the main board # ***** same as the model Code? My TV model Code is: UN40EH5300FXZA which I could read on a label on the outside of the set. It also shows Version No.: UD03 and S/N: Z4TV3CTDA30701J.
Beatrice