Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung TV, UN32EH5300, has sound but no picture, screen

Customer Question

My Samsung TV, UN32EH5300, has sound but no picture, screen is black.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Does screen glow/ show any graphics/ logo when turn On the TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The TV was purchase 11/03/2013 from Costco. The problem started about a month ago but just found time to
address it. The screen is completely black and was told by warranty company that it was a software issue on Samsung.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info. Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and turn it On.

If screen still stays black then it is backlight system failure and possible failure is either backlight inverter board (known as power supply board) or main board that controls the backlight system or LEDs inside display panel (screen) that generate light. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then it needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to determine what board is causing the problem or entire screen will need to be replaced.
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. If display panel found defective then you would be better off with a new TV because display replacement panel would cost approx new TV price of same size. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I finally got in touch with Samsung and they had me do what you suggested and it still does not work. I will contact the
warranty company. Thanks for your help and hope that I will not be billed for this.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome, Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.