Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I've been reading through this string...So, first, I have a

Customer Question

I've been reading through this string...So, first, I have a Sony Bravia TV that is pretty new. Our cable box is HD and have the red & white audio/green, blue, red video cables. However, we do not have a second row of plugs (as pictured above). We bought the splitter but cannot get the picture to work. Can hear the audio but not the video when using the splitter. Can you advise how to get the Wii to work? We currently have a DVD/BlueRay and Direct TV box attached to the TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what prior customers info you may be reading through, and we need to take each situation on a case by case basis as there are many variables.
Please provide the complete model number of your tv and a bit more detail about what your'e trying to do.

What are you splitting?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry! I thought I was replying to a previous post. Anyway, we have a Sony KDL48R510C 48-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model). I am trying to attach a Wii. We currently have a Bluray player and Direct TV box hooked up. I had read in a previous post to buy a splitter...so I bought a Fosmon Technology 3-Way Audio / Video RCA Switch Selector / Splitter Box & AV Patch Cable for Connecting 3 RCA Output Devices to Your TV. When trying to use the splitter, I don't get the video on anything. Not even cable.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming.

Are you trying to use the wii via the red/white/yellow, or red/green/blue+red/white?

How are the dtv and BR connected? Those should be on hdmi.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DTV is via red/green/blue and the BR is via HDMI cable. So, both should be be in HDMI plugs?
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

If the dtv box has hdmi, then you should use it (there is no benefit to using RGB, it only hurts the picture quality).

So switch dtv (if possible) to hdmi. If you can't, I'd recommend calling direct and asking them to send you a new box, you're missing out on the HD capabilities of your tv otherwise.

Then, use the RGB from the wii, with no switch/box needed there. Just hook up the corresponding colors and then set the tv SOURCE mode to HD/Component.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll go try it now...
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work.. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm very sorry for the delay. We had a child get very ill and has been in the hospital. We are home now recovering. I haven't had a chance to find an HDMI cord. Hoping to do that this week. My apologies.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

No problem, thanks for the update, let me know how it works out when you have a chance.

If you need to order a new cord: http://amzn.to/1PdHF9c