Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a 60 inch LG plasma Smart tv hooked up to a sound bar.

Customer Question

Have a 60 inch LG plasma Smart tv hooked up to a sound bar. While the sound is ok, would like even more sound. Can speakers be hooked up to the tv IN ADDITION to the sound bar? Or can the tv be hooked up to an Acoustic Wave radio to get a fuller sound?
Thank you!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you tell me what is connect to this tv beside the sound bar ?

Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

One thing is for sure , this tv cannot drive external speakers alone without some sort of amplifier so you may be getting into a surround system now .

Unless of course you wish to use the wave radio auxiliary (AUX) input in which case you need analog left/right audio out either on the tv or the cable box /satellite box .

You did not give me any model numbers so i`m giving you the possible scenario`s here but my guess is that the sund bar is already using whatever audio out was available on the tv so that leaves the cable box as source of sound

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

something somewhat like this with that type of cable , click the link below ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyzcq6t86qgfnic/2015-12-28_1843.png?dl=0

That is a 3.5 mm to rca stereo cable that can be found at local stereo/tv stores

By the way , if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you