littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

Model LC32LB261U - I installed Roku stick w/include USB

Customer Question

Model LC32LB261U - I installed Roku stick w/include USB cable and later switched the cable to a mini and ever since it displays "USB device removed" periodically. I can clear it by pressing EXIT on the remote but it still comes back.
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Connect it to HDMI 1 ARC/DVI. That TV seems a little gimmicky to me, and I usually see problems with new technologies. Plug it directly into HDMI 1, do not use the USB cable.

Roku doesn't use USB to transfer the video to your TV. It uses HDMI and is compatible with any HDMI TV. Once you disconnect the USB cable (still not sure why that is connected, it's for computer updates), you shouldn't get the message anymore.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is connected to hdmi1. The usb powers the roku stick

HDMI comes with its own power. So does USB. You do not need both. USB is for receiving updates through your computer. The USB port on your TV is for use with a flash drive and a picture gallery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://support.roku.com/hc/en-us/articles/208754808-Roku-Streaming-Stick-HDMI-Version-Model-3500-Setup-InstructionsClick on connect your player.Thanks for your help.

The only thing that would cause that other than a bad USB port, or a bad Roku, is a bad cable. You mentioned you switched it out and that's when it started happening, is that correct? Have you tried another cable?