Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a samsung tv - i am now getting the message no signal

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** hello i have a samsung tv - i am now getting the message no signal all of a sudden after the tv has been working for several months i think i have lost one of the sources that i originally had and so am looking to add a source back i think? Unless the weather has affected the external ariel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the message on the screen is 'no signal' and im at a loss to understand why!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thats fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, can you please let me know how much longer i have to wait - it has been 30 minutes or so now.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I've been waiting 1 hour now. I agreed to this on the basis there were 2 in the queue in front of me and that it would be about 10 minutes or so? Can you please give me an update on where my question is in terms of being answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, i don't know why i get emails on car mechanics. My issue is to do with a samsung tv which is stated clearly in my question.
This taking too long to answer. Poor service
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I apologize for any delays, I'm not sure how or why your question was misposted to the car section of the site, but it has just now made it over to the tv area. Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am based in the UK. I still need a response but i will leaving the property within 1 hour. If it is not fixed by then i will take another route.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

We're all in the US, so replies are going to be approx 12 hours apart to allow for time differences.

There are many possible causes of this issue, and many possible steps to attempt. First is to be sure it is set to the tv/air input (source) mode. Then go into setup menu and retune (auto scan/program).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks, ***** ***** a communal ariel issue and not a TV specific issue therefore this case is now closed.
Regards
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. I've opted out of the question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what a disgrace. i withdrew from the process before my question had been answered. why on earth have you charged me £3 deposit plus £18 fee. If you took the time to look at the conversation you would see that this did not work out for me and i withdrew. Please process a refund with immediate affect and then close my account