Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Connect fire tv to sony NSX-40GT1 using HDMI 2 doesn't

Customer Question

connect fire tv to sony NSX-40GT1 using HDMI 2 doesn't recognize device (no signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT button).
I have done this over and over. Even plugged in my blu-ray n HDMI 2 and it works. Fire TV box not recognized by my Sony NSX-40GT1. I have gone into setting and scanned and it isn't recognizing the device. Not sure what else to do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. How long is your HDMI cable, and have you tried a different one? Also, which model of FireTV do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Brand new 8' HDMI cable purchased from Amazon. Fire TV Model DV83YW
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Can you tell me what you have the resolution of your TV set at, i.e. 720p or 1080i?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1080i
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Have you tried changing it to see if it will recognize the FireTV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. What does the resolution have to do with the HDMI 2? My Blu ray is recognized plugged into HDMI 2
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

HDMI can be intermittent on some of the older sets. 720p will change the bit rate and you may get a connection. The other possibility is the cable is too long, again causing a compatibility issue between the two. Try a different cable if you have one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I unplugged everything and plugged it back in again and turned off the t.v. , etc.It has recognized it. Guess I just wasted $28
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Not really. We do have a refund policy.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I get a refund? Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

I will request one for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much! Happy New Year!