Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How can I adjust brightness on Samsung monitor UN32EH4003F?

Customer Question

checked internet which indicated I should adjust brightness control knob, but there aren't any on the back or front of my monitor.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first I must say that I`m not surprised you did not find any buttons for that and I guess you are using this tv as a monitor ??

For your pc ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, it's a TV monitor.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then and i take it that the picture is too dark .

Is this a new tv that you are setting up or it stopped working correctly all of sudden ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

The bright ,contrast and backlight adjust are found in the TOOLS menu

Press that button on the remote and in the PICTURE menu there will be presets mode you can try then in the ADVANCED settings menu there will be other adjust but your tv needs to be set to standard or movie mode

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

To make a long story short , the button you were looking for is actually in the PICTURE menu that you can access with the TOOLS button on the remote .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jack- thanks for your help, but I'm still mystified and am going to call Direct TV to see if they can straighten this out.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

What is happening anyway ?

Picture too dark ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Did you try the various presets modes like Dynamic, movie, standard etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Set your tv presets to STANDARD then scroll down to ADVANCED SETTINGS , once in there turn OFF the MOTION LIGHTING option and also check and adjust DYNAMIC CONTRAST and BLACK TONE