Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a samsung #model #LN2642H, model code T2642HX1XAA. I

Customer Question

I have a samsung #model #LN2642H, model code T2642HX1XAA. I have AT &TUverse as my provider. This tv had been working but last night the AT&T remote would not turn on the tv. I gave up on it and today I pulled the tv out of the cabinet and unplugged the power cord from the back of the tv and plugged it back and turned on the remote again and it started the tv working again but a liittle smoke came from the tv and went away. Do you think it is safe to use the tv and it now works. What happened?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Are you sure the smoke came from the TV?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
waiting for an answer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are u still there? Waiting for an answer

Sorry lost my connection

I suggest you have that investigated and I have to add in your own interest either examine the set yourself if you are practical to do that or get a tech to have a look not because of safety the (set will trip before anything bad happens) but to prevent failure of the set

Let me know if you can do this yourself

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
everything seems to be working. how can i not continue to be charged $38.00 aonth that i hopefully be using

I will inform admin to cancel any subscription if you think you are being billed for that.

I understand what you are saying but if the set smoked something caused that smoke so it should be checked if you want to continue using the set that is your call its not a safety issue here but an exercise into preventing failure in the future of the set.

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony