Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

TV wont power on

Customer Question

TV wont power on
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Does power indicator light turn On or blink when press power button?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2014 LG 55UB8500. I noticed the problem last night.The power indicator light does not turn on or Blink when I press the power button. Also, when we gone for vacation there were several thunderstorms in our area.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

There are two circuit boards suspected for this symptoms, either power supply board and/or main board is defective, it needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to check standby 3.5V DC output of power supply board. If standby 3.5V is available then replace main board of TV and if standby volts are not available then power supply board will be replaced to see if it fix the issue or main board will also be needed to get it replaced because thunderstorm/lightning can damage both boards.

Please click following board supplier link to get required replacement board that would cost $50 and $120..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LG+55UB8500

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with TV issue?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.