Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Visio 500i-a1 has back light and audio but no picture.

Customer Question

Visio 500i-a1 has back light and audio but no picture. Replaced T-con board and still no picture, what to check next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If the backlight comes on and you replaced the t-con then the main bard would definitely be the next suspect but did that new t-con change anything whatsoever ?

What do you have now , just a blank screen ?

No menu or OSD (volume bar , inputs display etc.) ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Here is a link where you can see if you got the correct versions of t-con for your tv , there are some 6 or 7 versions of it ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E500i-a1

Once you are satisfied you got the correct replacement then you can use that link to get the correct main board or part number for your main board .

That link is the most complete site for the various parts available for this model so you can match yours there before doing any more buying .

If you need help with this then let me know but to answer your question , if you got the correct t-con and it is installed correctly (double check your install) then the main board is the problem .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you