Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I got a old zenith tv model number z20a06d and i am trying

Customer Question

I got a old zenith tv model number z20a06d and i am trying to switch from cable, tv to air antenna and I can not get from. Off antenna to on antenna
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

What you mean is to get off from cable/CATV to AIR/antenna is that correct ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I go to setup menu then to auto program to cable tv and air antenna I can get it from off to on air antenna
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

You have an antenna connected to this tv now ?

Like a set of rabbit ears/indoor antenna for example ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got a new,HD antenna,but it will not change from off to on for air antenna
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then I will save you some time here with the channel search and such .

This tv was made well before digital OTA (over the air) signals and that is all that is left OTA now , no more analog signal so this means that this tv will not pickup anything alone and you need more than a digital antenna , you need a converter box such as you can see at the link below ; http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

This will connect between your new antenna and tv and that is the one who will receive and change the channels

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure I am finding the button to change from cable to air
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Look at what I just said above , that function is now redundant in your tv , never mind the TV's own tuner or cable/air switch that is dead now

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

That box above comes with its own remote and even records .

It doesn`t have to be that box but you certainly need a digital tv converter box

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

There are several models on the market , just search for " digital tv converter box " and you will find quite a few but that on is a good one and I had quite a few customer who installed it and are happy with it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do not see your reply
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Its all above

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Don`t forget to scroll down that page to the last line to see my last replies.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

In case you missed it , here it is again

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

got any more questions on this ??

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Thanks for understanding .