Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a poineer plasma tv. i have been trying to plug in an

Customer Question

hi - i have a poineer plasma tv.
i have been trying to plug in an xbox one to it with no success. at first i could get video but not audio. that's when i figured out that the audio is routed through the receiver and since the receiver has no hdmi the TV was incapable of sending audio from xbox to tv to receiver. i have been fooling around with several workarounds.
problem is that now my TV powers off after about 10 seconds b/c it says I have have an 'internal protection circuit that is turning the power off' 'Is there a short in the speaker cable?' {SD05}
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the Pioneer Plasma?

Also what is the Brand and Model of the receiver connected to it please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the receiver is a denon avr-3803. i can't find the model # ***** the TV because it's too close to the wall
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the TV is about 7 years old. still working on the model #
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's a 60 inch screen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wait, i thought Aric was going to call me. will it be someone else i need to start over with??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nevermind. i just solved the problem
how do i cancel the phone call and the rest of the help?