Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sony TV model KP-61S75 it is very old. It is not a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a Sony TV model KP-61S75 it is very old. It is not a projector TV. The red light is blinking 4 times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was watching a movie, was 1 1/2 hours into it Then suddenly the TV shut off The red button went on continuously So then I read to unplug it for 3 minutes So I did that and when I plugged it back on The red timer standby button kept flashing 4 times 4 blinks then off 4 blinks then off Repetitively
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Well, is it something I can fix myself at all? If it is not worth it, maybe cheaper and easier to get a new TV And yes I am willing to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

It is blinking red and not green?4 red 4 red etc?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Four red

IC1509 on the G board is most suspect here this is the vertical out examine the chip connections into the printed circuit board first, the G board also houses the line out transformer the bulky device with thick red leads going to the tubes which will help you find the chip, I feel the G board will no longer be available for this set to replace complete so if you think this is not something you can do yourself you will need to consider replacing the set because of availability of spares and the general age of the set, if you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area again beware of cost

Let me know if you need more info or help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony