Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 19"LED TV (NS-19E310NA15) in my kitchen. Someone

Customer Question

I have a 19"LED TV (NS-19E310NA15) in my kitchen. Someone was cleaning behind the TV and disconnected the cords. The two cords were connected to the tv but since then I can only see half of the program. There are vertical lines that block the screen. At first it was just a black vertical line. I left the tv on in the hope that the line/s would disappear but they have not. HELP!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

The lines on the screen and only half of the screen appearing is not something that's caused by improperly connected cords, or a setting issue- it typically mean the TV itself has incurred a failure.

Please grab the original Insignia remote and press MENU- and let me know if the TV's MENU appears on the screen- or if it's only on half of the screen.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't find the Insignia remote. I am connected to Optimum remote.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Go to the TV itself and press any of the buttons on the top of the TV please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Optimum that is Cablevision remote. The time and the on/off buttons work fine. I have checked with Optimum, their equipment is fine. Its not worth it to spend more than I am spending now. I don't want to feel as if I am being harrassed to spend more. I am sure you will understand. Hope you will be able to help or I won't be buying Insignia again. Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I am not asking you to spend any more money- those messages are auto generated by the site. I am trying to help you here, and am asking you to press any of the buttons on the top of the TV itself to determine if the TV's MENU will display on the whole screen- or only half the screen. This is critical to know. Please follow those steps and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I pressed the menu button and the power button.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Does the MENU appear normally on the while screen please? Or is half of it simply lines is what we need to know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The menu button displayed on one side (the good side without the lines) of the screen.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

That indicates that the problem you're having is internal to the TV. If the TV's own native MENU will not display clearly on the entire screen- this mean the TV as a hardware failure and requires service. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one. Can you please tell me how long you've owned the TV for?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

It's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have tried the hard re-set three times without rebooting the tv. Everything remains the same and I thank you for trying but the lines are still there. The tv is in my kitchen and I walk back and forth hence the wait.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I understand and I'm sorry for the bad news, but those lines on the screen and only half of the screen showing indicates a hardware failure within the TV. If the set is under one year old, then you can contact Insiginia below to start a repair ticket:

Insignia Warranty

(###) ###-####/p>

Otherwise, the average cost for this repair is in the $175 range- and not cost effective since the TV could be replaced with a brand new set for the same money.

I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix.