Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Where can i go to replace or repair part bn94-04689b or

Customer Question

where can i go to replace or repair part bn94-04689b or bn94-04709a
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You are correct, unfortunately this is getting to be an older model, and is no longer supported by Samsung. All plasma tvs are now considered obsolete.

I've checked with every major supplier that would possibly have this, and none have it in stock, and none would be getting them. There was only one company that was refurbing them, moduslink, which has recently stopped providing that service.

Unfortunately at this point, there are no other options for getting a new or repaired board.

Your only option at this point will be to set up a search alert on ebay and call around to local tv shops in your area, and wait for a used board to possibly come up.

I'm not sure what specific issue you're having with it, but keep in mind that for a 2011 model, the set is essentially at the end of its service life at this point anyway (5 years), and even fixing the current issue will not extend the life of the tv significantly, at best you may get another year or 2, as other components like the power supply, buffer boards, etc still commonly fail in these sets. In the end, replacement may be your best option - you can get a brand new LED tv with updated features and a fresh warranty in the $800 range these days.

You could even "part out" the remaining power board, x and y main, buffers, etc off of your tv to put toward the replacement cost and be better off in the long run.

If you'd like some help with replacement recommendations, let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,