Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Why am I getting the "OPC/DL" light on my tv? I am not able

Customer Question

Why am I getting the "OPC/DL" light on my tv? I am not able to connect to cable and was told three times that it's an issue with the tv and not cable
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack

Can you give me the model number of this tv ?

Is the OPC light blinking ?

Do you have a cable box or cable straight to the wall outlet ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LC 32D6U
I was hooked to a cable box, and the OPC light was flashing. I moved the TV to another room and have it plugged directly into the Cable
Patrick
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert. It appears Jack had other work to attend to. Now, the OPC light has nothing to do with being hooked to a cable box, or not hooked to a cable box- it's an issue within the TV. Please check the blinking pattern of the OPC light and let me know what you get (for example 2 slow blinks followed by 2 fast blinks, etc.). Also does the power light blink at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blinking stopped, and the power light does not blink. I get a series of green leaves at the bottom that progress and then stop, but no connection to cable at all. I only get an error message (e202)
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Green leaves? Can you please elaborate where you see these leaves?

Also where are you seeing this E202 message please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the leaves appear at the bottom of the screen, starting from the left side and moving to the right. The E202 message appears when I click on TV under the Source screen. This, by the way, is the only "live" option under "source.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Is it the same number E202 every time? If you change to a different input (even if nothing is connected to it) do you get the same error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't be back by that TV until the end of this month. Still, when I change input, only two show up: TV and HDMI1. I have nothing connected to the HDMI input, so only get a blank screen when there. The other three potential inputs are all greyed back.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Greyed out means disable. If it is connected to coax on the TV you would choose the TV input. You still however would not need to scan for channels, you would only need to use the STB remote. You can take all the time you need to get back to me this questions does not expire or anything like that.

Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that was meant for someone else. The 2nd half still applies though this does not expire. Both TV and HDMI show the same error 202?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The HDMI shows nothing - only a blank screen. When I connect to the TV, as it was directly tied into the cable coax, I get that error message.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Ok that could mean the error is a signal issue from whatever you are connecting the TV to and not an error from the TV itself. In this case the cable box, do you happen to have another TV you can connect the box to and see if the same thing happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is directly connected to the cable outlet. I had it connected to a cable box, and got the same message
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

You had the same cable connection from the same cable company going through both correct? If so we still would want to try another TV if possible because you are only getting this via Coax and as I mentioned this could be an error from your cable provider not the TV itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check when I return at the end of January - updates later
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

No problem, take all the time you need. You may get emails asking you to reply/rate I can not turn those off they are automated from this site. Please just ignore them until you can let me know what happens.