Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How i can take protec in my surrond sony 5.1

Customer Question

how i can take protec in my surrond sony 5.1
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model of the Sony receiver please and how long have you owned it for?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sony 5.1 chanel Home theatre system model STR*KS2300
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Please unplug the receiver from power, then disconnect all speaker wires from the back of the unit and plug the receiver back in (so no speaker leads are connected at all). Try to turn on the receiver and see if the Protect indicator shows on the screen. If so, this indicates a hardware failure in the output stage of the unit that does require service. In that case, let me know how long you've owned it for.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.