Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 50 inch plasma Samsung TV is about 8 years old and about

Customer Question

My 50 inch plasma Samsung TV is about 8 years old and about a month ago it developed a problem that when it is turned on, there is no picture - just noise and a mixed up pattern on the screen. After several seconds it shuts itself off and then immediately switches itself back on, repeats the same pattern on the screen and then switches off again and then back on. After anywhere from 2 or 3 tries (sometimes as many as 8 tries), a normal picture appears and the TV works fine. We've learned to turn the TV on in the morning and once the picture comes on we leave the set on all day, not shutting it off until we go to bed. I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, or should we accept that this may be unfixable? Thanks for any advice you can give us.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am being scammed by this web site and I don't want my card charged until my problem with my TV is addressed!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model number is ***** The only device plugged into the TV is a cable box. The problem occurs when the TV is turned on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am waiting for a reply from Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Website charge your card for deposit and not me.

Please recheck TV model number as PN50A55091F is incorrect.