Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I had a blank plasma screen...replaced Y main, upper and

Customer Question

Hi, I had a blank plasma screen...replaced Y main, upper and lower. Now have dark spoink snowy screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

One of the boards was defective, but was perhaps replaced with another that was either defective itself in a lesser way, or else was 'off' as far as revision level is concerned, would be my guess from nothing but what you have said.

Note that the symptoms are

1. snow.

2. pink tinge, or Color tone wrong.

3. dim brightness or excessive lack of brightness.

2 and 3 might doubtfully just require adjustments. But 1 is without question a fault, period.

Do you still have the old boards, so as to swap one of them back in at a time, and try to find out which one is the one a fault?

What problem did the TV have before you replaced those boards, or started replacing them?

Do you have a service manual for this model line of plasma TV? I strongly suggest it. You need one, to avoid replacing boards somewhat like at-random, and finding that many of them do not cure the problem but must be paid for nonetheless. And it might make the repair that much more swift, too. Shall I research a choice of sources for such a service manual, for you?