Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My landlord gifted us with a brand new 50 inch flat screen

Customer Question

Customer: My landlord gifted us with a brand new 50 inch flat screen TV that has 1080p capability Problem is, the crappy Dish Network they have = 480i only
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Anything we can do to "upconvert"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. If there is something we can do that doesn't include getting our own dish (not allowed) I am willing to pay and to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

Basically, your tv does the upconverting when it puts it up on the tv screen. But it just cannot look as good as if you have an HD box with HD channels. If there is a standard Dish box sitting right there next to the tv, then try to use the Yellow/Red/White connection on the box. It will be better than the coax RF signal. If the Dish box is in another room and feeds to this tv via RF, then there is no hope.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,