Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 55" LG gh def TV. last night,while watching TV and

Customer Question

I have a 55" LG high def TV. last night,while watching TV and during a thunderstorm, the sound went out. How do I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

If you're fortunate and the thunderstorm didn't knock out your main board's audio processor, you may get your TV to reset. First thing, unplug power cords to your TV, your cable box and DVD games and disconnect your HDMI cables. Press the power button on your TV to fast-discharge the TV power supply. Then I'd leave it alone for 20 minutes to ensure the TV's micro shuts down entirely / reboots properly.

Next, plug in the power cords. Power up the TV/Cable/Games.

Then plug in your HDMI cables.

If that does not get the sound back, we need to move on.

Find the sticker on the back of your TV with the FULL model number and suffix (extra letters past the model number). See picture.

We need that.