Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

TV was working and a short time later the screen went black.

Customer Question

TV was working and a short time later the screen went black. The sound is working but no
picture. It's an older big screen TV Hitachi/Utruvision I believe 1990's
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

What is the model number off of the back of the Hitachi please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model# 50UX19K Serial # ***** Manufactured in July of 1994
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a large screen TV on wheels stands about 41/2 feet tall and 4 feet wide not exactly one to set in your car and take some where to be fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 50" screen
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you grab the original Hitachi remote and press MENU, will the TV's native MENU display on screen please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I been waiting since 3:26 PM and sent information and more info and requested a phone conversation. I was told you were sorry but the tech was not able call right now.... After 3hrs I'm going to ask for my money to be refunded and will try something else. This is very frustrating, please don't ask for a review because it won't be good! Just refund my acct.