Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an LG 47in TV which has always had a very clear

Customer Question

I have an LG 47in TV which has always had a very clear picture but now seems to always have a fuzzy hazy background to the picture. I have reset the cable box and don't believe it is the signal because the TV in the other room is still very clear. Can this be fixed or is the TV dying?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is it like this if you use another input like a DVD player for example?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DONT HAVE ANY OTHER WORKING DEVICE HOOKED UP AT THIS TIME.

OK if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu display bad too?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HARD TO TELL, BUT MAY HAVE BEEN CLEARER, NOT SURE.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ONLY DISPLAYED OVER PART OF SCREEN

OK the most likely cause is the t-con board that drives the LCD panel (screen)this is a common occurrence for issues like this and the board will need to be replaced do you think you can do this work yourself?i will provide all the necessary info for that

If you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know please or let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony