Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV Model TC-P50X1 and when I turn

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Pat. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV Model TC-P50X1 and when I turn it on it turns itself off ad blinks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I purchased and replaced the power supply and it still does not work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The TV consistently blinks nine times.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Was there any storm in area that might have caused this problem in TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know. This is my vacation home so I am not around much.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
R u still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Yes, working on it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great, thanks!
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

9 times flashing power light is an error code that indicates A Board failure, I'm sorry for this news. A board is that has all video inputs and there is communication error between main processor chip and display panel circuitry so replacement of A (main) Board will help to resolve the issue.

Please click following link to view A Board image and part number info if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+TC-P50X1

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear Shahid,Many thanks for your response. So it looks like I ordered the wrong part. I got the new power supply from Shop Jimmy. In any case it looks like Shop Jimmy is unlikely to get an A board in stock anytime soon. Do you know of any other place where I can get an A board?
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Yes, power supply board isn't defective, there are two version/ part number of A board utilized in this model as mentioned below so it needs to verify the part number off of A board in your TV to search/ google to get price and stock info to order it.

TXN/A1EPUUS (TNPH0800AB)

TXN/A1EVUUS (TNPH0800AF)

Please note that you need to get identical A board having same part number to avoid any further complication.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.