Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My screen is black. Sound works fine. Checked all

Customer Question

My screen is black. Sound works fine. Checked all connections. Samsung 55 inch led tv. 1080 240. Any suggestions? 4 yrs old
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

When you power the set Off, and back On again- does the Samsung logo display on the screen?

Also if you grab the original Samsung remote and press MENU, does the TV's native MENU display on the screen please?

Or does it remain pitch black?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Remains black
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

This is bad news and means the TV's backlights are not working- this generally requires hardware replacement in the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.