Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I can't get Amazon Video on my 55GA6400. It is not listed as

Customer Question

I can't get Amazon Video on my 55GA6400. It is not listed as comparable on the Amazon web site. Is there a different way I can get it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no, this is not going to be possible.

The issue here is that these tvs are very limited in capability, and the only way anything new is ever added is if the manufacturer (LG) adapts and publishes a specific app for this model tv. Since it is a 2013 model it is already discontinued and no new features would ever be added or supported by LG at this point.

Your best option is to buy an external streaming device, such as a a roku, or fire tv, and get all the same functions and many more with better performance than the tvs internal apps.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.