Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 50 inch model#42pf7321/37.I turn the tv on but the

Customer Question

Customer: HI ***** ***** I have a 50 inch model#42pf7321/37.I turn the tv on but the screen went black and the power light flashing. Any sugestion.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: why the screen is black and the power light on the right side on the screen keeping flashing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Please check the number of blinks between pauses (it flashes in groups) and reply back with that. This is an error code. For example: 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, pause, etc.

Also does the set still have sound at this point?

How old is the TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will get back to you because I'm using other tv.let me plug it in and get back to you.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, sounds good.