Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sony LCD Projection TV Model #KDF-E42A10. Sometimes when

Customer Question

Sony LCD Projection TV Model #KDF-E42A10. Sometimes when turning on, the green indicator light blinks indefinitely and TV doesn't turn on. Turning it off and then back on usually corrects it after one or two tries. No problem with picture once it turns on. Sometimes you have to unplug the set before you try turning it on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- When did you replace lamp last time in TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never. i only use this TV once a week for about 8 hours.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, this kind of symptoms appear when lamp in TV has reached at end of working hours lifespan but not dead/ broken yet. Since lamp has never been replaced in TV (it is 2006 year model) so it seems it's time to replace it in TV to resolve the issue, in other words lamp is about to die/ broke and new lamp will help to get the TV back in business.

Lamp replacement is easy and procedure is written in TV user manual, click following link to download copy..

https://docs.sony.com/release/KDFE42-50A10.pdf

Required XL-2400 lamp would be available at following supplier but please avoid cheap/ low price counterfeit lamp..

http://www.ued.net/ued/searchResults.jsp;jsessionid=0CB3BB29EFCDDA121226F8B9EF057B69

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.