Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We just bought a 32-inch Samsun television. I am deaf. How

Customer Question

we just bought a 32-inch Samsun television. I am deaf. How do I get closed captioning on my television?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
- Is the TV hooked to cab box and do you use cable remote to change the channels?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have cable and the television is connected to cable.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK and do you use cable remote to change the channels?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we use a cable remote to change channels.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, since TV gets channel video signal from connected cable box that means you need to turn On closed caption feature with in cable box menu/ settings because TV is being used as a monitor only and audio-video signal is coming from cable box ( as you use cable remote to channels with in cable box and display simply displays it) so need to enable the closed caption feature in cable box, please check cable remote for CC button or check the cable menu for it. If you're unable to find it then please call your cable service provider and ask them to enable CC feature.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this issue?

Thanks.