Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How do I get my LG UF7600 TV to recognize my comcast cable

Customer Question

How do I get my LG UF7600 TV to recognize my comcast cable guide (Cisco cable box and router)?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Wayne.

The on screen guide on the lg tv is intended for use only with basic cable, or with an antenna.

The tv has a standard tv remote, which is not capable of controlling all of the functions of your cable box. The cable box has its own remote that must be used for that. This is an industry standard design, most all tvs are set up this way and require a separate remote. Even in cases of tvs that have "universal" remote compatibility, they are extremely basic in nature, primarily controlling only power and channels, they won't be able to do the guides, dvr, and advanced functionality.

You may be able to program the box remote to operate basic tv functions (power, volume). Beyond that, Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.