Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My TV screen on my LG is blue when I turn it on and does not

Customer Question

My TV screen on my LG is blue when I turn it on and does not accept the commands from my cable remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

- Does volume bar appear on screen when push volume button on TV itself?

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No volume bar cable box only connection
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Please reply with bit details, so pressing volume button on TV itself doesn't do any thing, no volume bar/ screen display come up, correct?

- Does power button on TV or its remote work to turn On and Off the TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Very tight space cannot see model #.....power button works on TV and Remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will do.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sure, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same....blue screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, any graphics appear on screen to tell what video input has selected in TV such as HDMI-1 or 2 etc?

Does the blue screen stay if turn Off cable box or connected video source to TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No graphics blue screen stays on with cable box off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, one more question, was there any storm in area that might have caused this problem in TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Live in San Diego California.....never storms
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, no graphics and continuous blue screen indicates main board has got internal failure for some reason and replacement of main board will help to resolve the issue. We have tried cut the power of TV for 10 minutes to hard reset that didn't work either so it is not any software/ settings issue and definitely hardware related (main board) failure.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you and if TV is out of warranty then please check with following board supplier to get required main board by putting your TV model number if you wish to replace the main board in TV by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you......good values on TV's right now
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I wish I had good news about TV problem. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this TV issue?

Thanks.