hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have a Vizio D320-B1 tv hooked up to a Dish satellite

Customer Question

I have a Vizio D320-B1 tv hooked up to a Dish satellite Reciever 625 am trying to hook a Sony DVD recorder to the system and can not get to work What is the proper way to make connections?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Does the TV have HDMI?does the DVD recorder have HDMI?If not what inputs are available to bot the TV and the recorder they will be marked on the back of te unit and back of TV for example composite (red/white/yellow)

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has hdmi but I have no cable and live in country and a 25 mile trip one way to town. I have the three plug wire plug ins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need two sets? one from dish box to DVD then DVD to tv?

You can use composite red/white/yellow it simply marrys to the TV and then you pick out the INPUT with the TV input button on the remote you only need this one set of leads, however the quality of the pic wont be as good as HDMI

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Let me know if you need more help

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so from DVD to tv then use remote, correct?

Yes red/white/yellow from dvd to TV then simply "pick out" that input with the INPUT or SOURCE button of the TV remote and that is it

Antony

There should be a corresponding red/white/yellow labelled composite on the TV

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok made connections, used remote to tv on control an get a no signal screen went to l1 l2 and channel 3????what did I do wrong now? remember, I 66 an not that damn smart on this stuff

OK if you are sure you have the connections correct you need to find the DVD INPUT with the TV remote the DVD should be in the ON mode you need to keep pressing it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK did that show dvd mode, still get a no signal tried to record, counts but does not record, on play states no info tried to play dvd and nothing

OK lets take a step back here are you saying now you get the DVD through OK you are getting something on the screen to say that you are on the input for DVD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok went an set DVD button on remote of DISH, tried to go to TV input went from L1 L2 and channel 3 keeps saying NO SIGNAL. Push sat button and sat comes back on I know DVD player recorder works cuz seen it work and just using it to record some games I am gonna miss, I know it something simple, but it frigging aint working... made sure connections are correct, can not even get MENU to show from dvd to tv. what am I missing here????

OK you need to connect up the DISH box to the DVD otherwise it wont record anything,

So what connections do you have on the box that will connect to the DVD input

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a coax cable from box to dvd and hooked up orrect then the three colored from dvd to TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, how do I get the dvd in the on mode. When I push the dvd button, screen comes up and say its controlled by remote, figured that was I, is there something else?????? but when I do that it shows a NO SIGNAL code....I am about to NO SINGNAL it and tv to garbage can
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there if you use a coax cable to connect the Dish box to the DVD input, you then have to tune the DVD recorder so that it can tune in the signal coming from the Dish box.

​Think of the Dish box like a TV station that is sending its signal to the DVD recorder. If the DVD recorder is saying "No signal" when you look on the TV, it is because you have not tuned the DVD recorder to the channel that the Dish box is sending its signal on. This will most probably be Ch3 or Ch4.

How do you get your mail delivered because you can buy a HDMI cable from say Amazon.com & have it delivered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, everything you folks told me I did, did not work...Went and bought a new tv and DVD/VIDEO recorder and made the hook up to work, then bought and threw my old ones in junk Sorry, I know ya tried