Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My name is ***** *****, I believe I have a defective Seine

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I believe I have a defective Seine Module on my Toshiba 42TL515u, but I am unsure what connector I am supposed to disconnect for troubleshooting purposes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, power is supplied and the green LED flashes three times, pauses, and repeats. TV will not turn on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

You just need to completely disconnect the Seine module, and then try turning the TV on again.

If you no longer get the 3 blinking lights then you know that the Seine module is faulty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Right, I just don't know what part the Seine module is.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Ah, ok!

The Seine module has a fan on it, and will look similar to this one: