Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv is 5 months old I have netgears25 I have no cable but

Customer Question

My tv is 5 months old I have netgears25 I have no cable but an outdoor antenna my tv says no cable and hard to get netflex I tried to get it set up right but I can not get it to say no matter how many times I put on right source it keeps tell me no hook up for smart tv tell how I never get to use it I checked on more internet ony pc and xbox and tv on this next
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Offhand it doesn't sound like the TV was originally setup properly. The initial internet setup and connection test would need to be run through in the TV's setup MENU is order for it to recognize your internet connection and access internal apps.

Additionally to use an antenna, the TV must be set to ANT, then a channel scan run to find available channels and then you will be able to view them. Did you perform a setup of the TV in either of these methods yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Let's looks at these steps one at a time:

There is a link below to follow for setting up an antenna to the TV and then running a scan:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=154735

Next is a link that shows how to setup the internet on the TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-RPO1iWcQ

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was but what ant all i see is AV and when i click on the source its says At&t it ask if I have a bor blue ray but my netflex is at pcI have ran the channel scan several but I spent 600 on antenna and not much reception so I should stayed with cable
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Please check what's posted above and let me know if you need more help beyond that.