Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just got a new cable box and remote of our HD TVs. I

Customer Question

I just got a new cable box and remote for one of our HD TVs. I reprogrammed the new remote but the volume button does not work. In addition when I turn off the TV it does not turn off completely- it still shows the floating Verizon Fios logo.
I have gone into the TV volume settings but cannot get the volume to work. Advise? ***@******.*** (###) ###-####(c)
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. If you turn the verizon box back on, so that you see picture from one of the channels on the tv, then use the JVC remote to turn the volume UP, do you hear sound coming from the tv?

2. What is the model number of the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with your tv?

Are you able to reply back here?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mike-
Something has come up and I cannot deal with this now. Will have to try later. Am I still being charged for today's "session"?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

You have only been charged a $5 deposit until we are ready to finish up.

You can come back here later and this question will still be here. In fact it will always be here. Simply bookmark/favorite the page.