Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My problem is a Dell 32 In hd tv that I moved from one room

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, My problem is a Dell 32 In hd tv that I moved from one room to another and now I get no sound from any audio out connections
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: TV is Dell "W3201c 32" LCD TV, have had no problems at all until I moved the TV and speakers and Set Top box to another room. Now picture fine but no sound of any kind
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I just read thru 2 pages of comments from other consumers with similar problems, also spent over 2 hours with a Verizon tech trying many different hookups with no success, also had a techie friend who spent over an hour with similar results, I haven't seen or heard of anyone solving this problems snot sur what to do!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, If all you did was move the TV to another room, reconnected everything EXACTLY as it was, and there is now no sound- then try rebooting your cable ox by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once it reboots, check again and see if you have sound. If not- then reply back with the Brand and Model of the speakers, the type of connection from the speakers (digital coaxial, RCA cables, etc.) and also how the cable box is connected to the TV (HDMI cable, etc.). We can then continue.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried several reboots with different connections., Verizon set top box uses HDMI cable to TV, Have also tried using DVD player from VGA component, No sound from that either,,Speakers are Pioneer, model s-fcrw220-s, cables are twisted wire, same cables previously used
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I need to know specifically what "twist wire" connections you're referring to. And HOW does the TV get sound back to the Pioneer speakers? These speakers require a receiver of some sort to drive them. Where on the TV do the cables plug into from the speakers (name of port and type of cables used please)?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

No thank you, ***** *****'t take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue with me, then please reply back on this page to the info I requested above.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know how to better describe the cables, they are plain twisted copper wires with plastic? outside, Connections I've tried are from back of TV using "speaker Out Connectors", two for right and two for left, also have tried connection to toPioneer Muli ChannelReceiver with TV connection " Composite Video and audio connectors"
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Did you say that you have the same problem whether the source of the signal is HDMI (cable box) or component Y-PB-PR (dvd ) ?