Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My lg tv does not work properly, it turns it off and on but

Customer Question

Customer: My lg tv does not work properly, it turns it off and on but the wheel does not work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This tv is a month old,with the new infored light. It suddenly stop working with my menues for the tv, but I can turn it on and off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

What is the model number off of the back of your TV?

Also what wheel are you referring to specifically?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my tv is lg65u8500 65" 4k ultra tra hd sm
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My infored wheel on my remote
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Are you able to control the TV using the controls on the set itself? In other words is it just the remote that's giving you issues?

Also how old is the set and when did this issue occur?

If you would like to test the remote, please grab a cell phone camera or digital camera and view the tip of the remote through the viewfinder of your camera, and use the wheel on the remote. Do you see a flash of light through the tip of the remote?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have paid the $28.00 and have not got an answere from you regarding my remote.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tv is just a month old. Took the remote back to store and they gave me another one, this one does not control the menue etc. either.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 11 months ago.

I think you have to press the Home and Back buttons (together) for 8 seconds to reset the Bluetooth. THEN Press the wheel button down maybe 3-4 seconds so the Bluetooth pairs with the remote.