Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

What causes light spots on T V screen and what can be done

Customer Question

What causes light spots on T V screen and what can be done to fix it? My tv is an 80 inch.
Mitsubishi.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Did you get above reply?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model # ***** ***** and there are no other devices connected to the TV, JJ
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, just to clear, TV screen has lots of white dots with picture and these dots/ spots are increasing every day, is this correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

This kind of problem occurs due to failing DLP chip (also known as DMD chip) mounted on board on light engine, this chip makes an image that projected to TV front screen and lamp is light source in this process.

Replacement of DLP chip in TV will help to resolve the problem, please click following link to view DLP chip image and price info if you wish to replace it in TV but please note that it would not be an easy work, lots of things will need to be removed/ take apart in TV for that..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=WD-82737

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote that could be $400 or so...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this TV problem?

Thanks.