Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I plugged in the HDMI CAble to my cable box it sparked

Customer Question

When I plugged in the HDMI CAble to my cable box it sparked and fried the cable box
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Is there any other video device hooked to HDMI input of Denon or TV and did you get spark from that device too?

This info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the cable box was the only device hooked to it and I also saw smoke coming out of the left side of the Denon reciever
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for that, is it possible to connect a DVD/ Bluray player (if available) directly into HDMI input of TV to confirm the TV is working properly?