Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an lg 24ma31d-pu 24" tv. When plugged in, the tv will

Customer Question

I have an lg 24ma31d-pu 24" tv. When plugged in, the tv will turn on automatically and display,"the channel map is empty, do you want start auto tuning?". None of buttons on the remote will work even if the batteries are new. Also none of the (touch sensitive) buttons on the tv will work so I cannot change the channel or "auto tune". Does anyone understand why they all just stopped working at once? Remember the tv turns on fine
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hello again

Sorry but I was out by the time you replied to me last night.

There could actually be a simple reason why it all stop working at one (remote and tactiles) , if the pad at the front went defective then it can very well affect the remote sensor , a bit like a stuck button will cut all communication to the main board .

Or the reverse is also true , a defective sensor could cut-off the p-touch buttons

And finally the main board itself could be processing video and audio just fine but its system control part be unresponsive .

Right now I give this a much higher chance that the tactiles /p-touch buttons at the front have gone defective.

At this point there would be some troubleshooting to be done with the back cover removed .

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.