Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My screen went black when screening a net flick video and

Customer Question

My screen went black when screening a net flick video and will only play voice on one station when I find it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Are you able to see the on screen menus using the Vizio remote buttons like menu or volume or input?

2. What is connected into the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can not see anything.
I am connected to a cable company box.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
a blue disk player.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release (or leave it unplugged for 5 full minutes).
-plug in ONLY the tv power cord and try to turn on to see if the tv menus work.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (a meter and prior experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what happens with your tv, keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,