Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have an LG 60PC1D plasma TV that had sound but no picture.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have an LG 60PC1D plasma TV that had sound but no picture. I found a bad fuse on the YSUS board and replaced it. WHen I plugged in there were a lot of pops and still a bad picture. I ordered a replacement YSUS board and installed it. I now have video but it is completely colored snow with no definition and a distinct horizontal line dividing the screen in half. Ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi, I have an LG 60PC1D plasma TV that had sound but no picture. I found a bad fuse on the YSUS board and replaced it. WHen I plugged in there were a lot of pops and still a bad picture. I ordered a replacement YSUS board and installed it. I now have video but it is completely colored snow with no definition and a distinct horizontal line dividing the screen in half. Ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
photo of screen attached
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Based on what I'm seeing in the video, the ySUS and zSUS both need to be replaced, which is a very common situation. Since you've already replaced the YSUS board, If you replace the zSUS board, I'm pretty confident you'll be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions.