Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Aric, My name is ***** ***** - I have a Panasonic TC-54PS14

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Aric, My name is ***** ***** - I have a Panasonic TC-54PS14 and I heard a loud pop, followed by black screen and red light blinks 7 times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've taken the back off and tried unplugging the SS Board and then the SC Board. Whenever the SC board is unplugged I get 6 blinks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you would still prefer that Expert Aric take care of this case, I will respect that wish. But I want to offer something, since your question has been waiting for a while:

- if you heard a 'pop', then something in your TV has, most likely, blown out or been shorted.

- if it has, then you should find a burnt or visibly defective component on one (or more) of the boards, if you inspect each component carefully and closely with some attention.

Look for brown spots on boards, under component(s). Look for capacitors of the 'can' or cylinder type... if they appear to have leaked fluid, or to be bulging at the top or sides, then they are defective capacitors, and need to be replaced for sure.

- also look for blown or burned-out fuses and fusible elements, and replace them (then check them again to be sure) with exact replacements as to ratings.

As I said, if you want Aric's opinion, let me know, and I will Opt Out of the case.